Sunday, June 30, 2013

SSC Update: Techweek Chicago 2013 + Chicago Blackhawks Win

Hi again, it's time for an update! I was fortunate enough to receive tickets to Techweek Chicago 2013, a three day event (June 27-29) located on the 8th floor of the Merchandise Mart downtown. 

My pass gave me access to the Expo Hall for each three days and access to the Hiring Fair on Saturday, June 29th from 12pm-3pm. I feel that the one day was enough to see the Expo in it's entirety, however I am glad I was able to attend the Hiring Fair.



Higher level passes had access to seminars, after parties, and much more. Since, I am not the hugest tech enthusiast, I did not feel this was necessary for me to benefit from the event.  I was able to network, enjoy a free drink from Groupon's Happy Hour, learn more about the tech community.

While networking, I learned that a few of the companies who had space at Techweek Chicago to showoff their companies had to pay a lot of money and were not happy with how the venue was organized and their actual placement within the venue.


Overall, I enjoyed my time at Techweek. I learned about new and older tech companies, met engaging people, and loved the more funky-causal environment (A lot of people were dressed super stylish! It's so true that tech and style can go together). 

Did any of you attend Techweek? 

Other news, the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup! How cool is that? I guess, it was a good time for me to start getting involved in Hockey. I am a Litzenbeger after-all. 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment